Grand Haven's student publication of community significance since 1927

The Bucs' Blade

The Bucs' Blade

The Bucs' Blade

Ski bowl fundraiser looks to repair groomer

Mulligan’s Hollow Ski Bowl will be hosting the annual Banners, Bowls and Brew event Saturday, Feb. 15 from 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. and skiing from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. There will be live music, a silent auction, brews, soups, chili and skiing. The adult only event will be a fundraiser for Mulligan’s Hollow and tickets will be available for purchase at the front door.

The Ski Bowl is a non-profit organization run by the city of Grand Haven and has only been made possible through fundraising, donations and volunteer efforts. The main funds will be raised for repairing the groomer.

Groomers are imperative for maintaining a ski hill. Donations can be made online through the Mulligan’s Hollow website as well as accessing all of the information on what the donations will be used for.

The cost of a new groomer is roughly $284,000 and about $164,000 to repair the old groomer.

“So far we’ve raised about $50,000,” event organizer Colleen Warner said.

The funds will also be used for costs such as general maintenance and every dollar helps keep the Ski Bowl running.

“I just think it’s really cool to have a local ski hill with in a five minute drive and I’ve been going there ever since I remember,” sophomore David Veurink said.

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Luke Blauvelt, Senior staff writer
After only one year of being on staff, Luke Blauvelt is looking forward to becoming the top sports reporter for the Bucs’ Blade. Luke quickly earned the intimidating nickname ‘Lukie B’ from the rest of the staff and he is proud of his resilient reputation. In his free time, Luke enjoys watching Netflix and chilling with his lady friends. Luke also likes to sail, play frisbee and toss the ole pigskin. Luke’s favorite country is America. Out of his many achievements, Luke is most proud of the time when he rode his bike and got at least three feet of air while jumping over a curb. Luke’s favorite musical artists include Iggy Azalea, Meek Mill and ‘N Sync. Luke hopes to someday make bank and drive a Range Rover.

Comments (1)

All The Bucs' Blade Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

• L

LoganFeb 21, 2014 at 9:09 am

Whooo first comment! Great article!

Reply