Jared Kram takes over girl’s varsity soccer

Jared+Kram+takes+over+girls+varsity+soccer+

English teacher Jared Kram is a former Buccaneer soccer player who has acquired a new role.

Kram steps on the field as head coach of the girls soccer team, after being an assistant coach for the boys and girls soccer teams for ten years.

“The thought of being a head coach had a lot of appeal,” Kram said. “A new role, new responsibilities, and a new chance to do some of the things I have wanted to do with the program over the past couple of years.”

The team was previously coached by Cor Damhuis and players are looking forward to the changes Kram will bring to the program.

“As a person, he is motivational because he is really personal to us all,” senior Claire Borchers said. “When we aren’t doing a good job he is honest with us and he tells us what we need to do better. That’s really helpful because we need to [improve].”

Junior Hannah Landman appreciates Kram’s attention to detail and effort to connect with players.

“He really wants us to succeed and he listens to his players input,” Landman said. “It is really helpful.”

Kram believes he will be a good fit.

“I have had good training from head coaches that came before me and I certainly love the game and have a passion for it,” Kram said. “I love having the opportunity to work with student-athletes outside of the classroom.”

Kram has big aspirations in mind, including winning conference and districts. Something the program hasn’t accomplished since 2007.

However, for Kram it isn’t all about the outcomes, his primary goal is for the girls to enjoy the experience.

“If you’re not enjoying it, then there’s no point of playing it,” Kram said. “ The soccer will come and go, but we’ll all remember the way we treated each other and took care of each other. I hope to do a good job of creating an atmosphere and a culture of having good relationships.”

Jeremy Case takes on head coach of girl’s varsity tennis.